Planning For A Safe Return To Campus
The guiding principle for the Welcome Back to Campus Plan is maintaining to the fullest extent possible the health and safety of De Anza College students, faculty members, classified professionals and administrators during the evolving pandemic.
Equity is a critical consideration at all points of the plan.
Updates On Attending Athletic Events
For the most current information about attending De Anza sports events and a list of which ones are open to spectators please check the Athletics Visitor Information webpage.
Can’t get to the game in person? You can still cheer for the Mountain Lions while watching on Facebook. We’re livestreaming women’s volleyball home matches at
General Counseling And Advising
You can have a quick online chat with a counselor or academic adviser. These sessions are 10-15 minutes and are meant for quick questions regarding academic, career, transfer and personalcounseling.
Youll find the Zoom links and drop-in hours for each week on the General Counseling website.
If you have a question about academic or progress probation, you can also drop in to speak with a member of the Probation and Retention Team. Check the schedule and use the Zoom link on the Probation webpage.
You May Like: How To Get Recruited For College Softball
Prepare For Your Appointment
- Take English and math assessments*
- Make a list of questions you want to ask
- Prepare to bring necessary documents: other college transcripts, test scores and any other records relevant to issues you want to discuss*
- If interested in transfer, make a list of potential universities and major programs*if necessary
- Maximum 30 minutes per appointment so be ON TIME
- Maximum 5 appointments per quarter
- Telephone and live-video counseling appointments available for distance learners
- Minimum 24 hours notice required for appointment cancellations
The Day of Your Appointment
You will need to at the beginning of your scheduled appointment time.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
You can make an appointment with ALL counselors in General Counseling or the Transfer Center to get assistance with transfer to a 4-year university. Both offices provide the same transfer support. Visit the Transfer Center website to access additional transfer services and resources.
Resources For Online Learning
- CollegeBuys offers student discounts on computers, software and other tech products through its online store.
- If you have a De Anza student email account, you also get free access to Microsoft’s Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other online software
Need a Computer and Can’t Afford One? We’ll try to help.
- If you’re in the De Anza College Promise program, you can use your Bookstore voucher to purchase a device. The Financial Aid office can increase the amount of your voucher up to $500 to help cover the purchase cost. Send an email request to Lisa Mandy, director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at . Be sure to include your name and CWID.
- If you arent in the De Anza College Promise program, the Financial Aid office can check to see if youre eligible for other aid or an emergency cash grant to help cover the cost of purchasing a device from the Bookstore. Send an email request to Lisa Mandy, director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at . Be sure to include your name and CWID.
- You can apply to receive a free, refurbished computer through through the Occupational Training Institute’s CompTechS program. Donated computers are refurbished by CompTechS interns and staff, before they are given free to eligible students. Find details and an application form at the CompTechS website. After you apply, an OTI staff member will contact you to arrange delivery when a computer is available.
You May Like: Where Can I Watch College Hill Season 1
Contact Our Virtual Office
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Counseling Office is physically closed for fall and open virtually for all services.
Fall Office Hours Oct. 1Dec. 10, 2021
Reach Us by Email, Phone or Chat
We often experience a higher volume of calls, emails, and chats near the start of each quarter. We appreciate your patience with possible longer wait times.
For general inquiries, email us at . We will return your inquiry within 24 hours.
Phone or chat with us during office hours and we will be happy to assist you.
Mental Health Service Providers In The Community
The following are community resources for mental health. Psychological services at De Anza college provides registered students with services, however it may sometimes be easier to get an appointment with an outside service. Additionally, other clinics may provide more specialized services such as assessment, medication management, or long term therapy. In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Also Check: How Many Years Of College To Be An Architect
Contact A Counselor Or Adviser
Don’t wait until the last minute to speak with a counselor! Drop in or make an appointmenttoday if you have questions about choosing classes or planning for your degree or transfer.
While you won’t be able to visit us in person during the 2021 fall quarter, you can still speak with a counselor or academic adviser over Zoom video, by making an appointment or dropping in during our virtual office hours. You can also use our Online Adviser or send us an email.
Find The Right Counselor For You
- If you’re in your first or second quarter at De Anza, start by seeing a counselor in the Office of Outreach and Relations with Schools unless you’re an International or F-1 Visa student.
- Remember to complete Orientation. It’s an important step toward qualifying for priority enrollment.
Many academic programs and Learning Communities have their own counselors. Students who aren’t in the programs listed below should visit the general Counseling and Advising Center. To find a counselor, click on the blue weblink for the description that sounds like you.
For mental health counseling, please contact the Psychological Services office.
- Majoring in one of De Anza’s Career Training programs, such as Accounting, Automotive Technology, Child Development, Design and Manufacturing Technologies, Journalism, Graphic Design, Network Administration or Paralegal Studies
Or if you are
- AMilitary Veteran, Reservist or Dependent enrolled in De Anza’s Veteran Services program
Or if you’re in one of these Learning Communities
If you’re not in a program listed above
- All students are welcome to visit the General Counseling and Advising Center, where you’ll find counselors and academic advisers who can assist you!
Certificates and Degrees
Transfer StudiesLiberal Artsask your counselor!
Read Also: Rhema Bible College Tuition
A Complete Solution To College Acceptance
C2 of Cupertino develops individualized college prep programs, combining test prep, tutoring, and college admissions counseling, to give local students the best chance at college acceptance. C2 Cupertino students have enjoyed admission to many prestigious colleges such as Harvard University, Stanford University, MIT, California Institute of Technology, University of Southern California, and more – contact us to learn how they achieved such great college admissions results!
We currently serve the communities of Cupertino Union School District, Fremont Union High School District, Saratoga-Los Gatos School District, and other nearby areas. Cupertino’s education team is committed to providing the best academic support to help students achieve their academic goals.
How To Reach Services This Fall
While the campus is reopening on a limited basis, many student services will be available in person mostly on a limited schedule, beginning Sept. 20. You can also reach these offices and other campus services by email, phone or Zoom video.
Here is a list of offices and ways that you can reach them this fall. Check individual department or program websites for detailed schedules.
Online Help Desk
- Visit the A& R virtual help desk to speak with someone about registration, admissions or your student records via online video
- Mondays: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Note: You’ll need to show a valid photo ID before we can discuss any matters related to your student account or records.
Limited In-Person Assistance By Appointment Only
- During fall quarter, we can provide in-person assistance at the Admissions and Records front desk in the RSS Building, with the following:
- Assessment questions
- Payment of fees in cash only, exact change only
- Registration issues
- Residency or AB 540 questions
Don’t Miss: When Do You Start Applying For College
Kickoff Sessions For 2021
New Promise Students: Youre invited to attend one of our upcoming online kickoff sessions, where you will learn more about why the De Anza College Promise is the best Promise program around.
We’ll tell you about additional benefits, including special activities for Promise students and access to dedicated Promise counselors who can help you plan and succeed in your studies at De Anza. Plus, well explain a few important things to know about maintaining your eligibility for the Promise program.
NEW DATE We’ve added another session to the schedule:
- Thursday, Oct. 7: 23:30 p.m.
You only need to attend one, but each session has limited capacity so please click the yellow button here to register for the session of your choice.
We’re also planning additional fun and helpful activities this fall. Check back soon for a schedule of events!
Psychological And Neuropsychological Testing And Assessment
American School of Professional Psychology
Argosy Assessment And Intervention Clinic, San Francisco Bay Area1005 Atlantic Ave, Alameda Ca. 94501510.217.4876
- Basic Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment: $100 flat rate
- Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment with multiple documents to review: $500
- To determine your eligibility for testing services or to schedule an intake interview, please call
- Monday – Friday: 9am to 7pm
California Institute of Integral Studies
507 Polk St. Suit 420 San Francisco, CA 94102415.346.1011
- Personality and cognitive , academic, vocational, and diagnostic assessments are offered. Cost can range to $40-$110
- Open Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturdays 10 am 4 pm
The Wright institute
2728 Durant Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704510.923.2241
Don’t Miss: Who Buys Back Used College Textbooks
Office Of Outreach Counselors
Counselors in the Office of Outreach are available to assist students in their first two quarters and students participating in the De Anza College Promise. You can drop in for a 10-15 minute chat during these hours.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 10: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-3 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 11: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-2:30 p.m.
Youll find the Zoom link on theOutreach counseling webpage.
Is There A Fee For These Services
There is no fee for any student currently enrolled in a credit class. These services and a variety of other student health services are funded by your student health fees, paid at the beginning of each quarter. However, please cancel any appointment you cannot attend at least 48 hours in advance to avoid counting the appointment towards your ten free sessions.
Recommended Reading: How To Build Credit While In College
Personalized Sat Prep And Act Prep
C2 Education of Cupertino provides customized test prep programs to students in all grades and skill levels. Whether a student needs help with the SAT, ACT, PSAT, or AP exams, C2 brings results. All of our SAT prep and ACT prep tutors must score in the top 5% for each test, so students know that they are receiving the best support possible.
Want To Meet With A Counselor
While we’re operating under restrictions related to COVID-19 for the2021 fall quarter, you can use this online scheduler to arrange an online meeting with a Career Services counselor.
Business, Computer Science and Applied Technologies students:
- Select Helen Pang as your counselor, or if she is not available, select Trisha Tran.
Students in other divisions:
Don’t Miss: How Much Is A Book Worth
Temporary Rules: Pass/no Pass And Excused Withdrawals
The deadlines for requesting Pass/No Pass or an Excused Withdrawal have been extended, in consideration of the disruptions caused by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Pass/No Pass: You can request Pass/No Pass for the current quarter or retroactively for classes taken in the 2020 or 2021 calendar year until the deadline of Dec. 31, 2021.
- Excused Withdrawals: All requests to withdraw from class for the 2021 fall quarter after Oct. 3 will be treated as Excused Withdrawals. You can request an Excused Withdrawal for fall classes up to Dec. 10, the last day of the quarter. Requests for excused withdrawals for previous quarters will not be considered without documentation of extenuating circumstances.
Before choosing Pass/No Pass, you should know that some transfer universities may not accept Pass grades for certain requirements. To learn more about these important considerations and how to submit a request, visit our Special Rules for Pass/No Pass and Excused Withdrawals webpage.
Special Grade Policy For Covid
In consideration of the disruptions caused by COVID-19, the college adopted a temporary policy for grades earned in the winter, spring, summer and fall of 2020:
- A grade of F earned for any 2020 term will not be counted in calculating earned units or Grade Point Averages.
- Grades of D-plus, D and D-minus earned for any 2020 term will not be counted in calculating Grade Point Averages.
The college had planned to extend this policy for winter 2021, based on guidance from the California Community Colleges Chancellors Office. However, because other colleges and universities have applied different policies, De Anza College has decided to resume counting D and F grades for winter 2021 and future quarters. If you believe this will create a significant hardship for you, please contact the Admissions and Records Office for assistance.
Also Check: Can I Sell My College Books
Pick Up Library Materials
The Library will be open for on-campus pickup of textbooks and materials when requested online in advance on the following schedule:
- First two weeks of fall quarter no appointment required during these hours:
- Mondays and Tuesdays, 8 a.m.1 p.m.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, noon5 p.m.
Materials must be requested in advance before you come to get them. Please see the Requesting Materials webpage for detailed instructions.
Got Questions Visit Our Virtual Help Desk
We can help with general questions on a variety of topics. You can speak with us on Zoom no appointment required during these hours:
Note: If you have specific counseling questions, such as completing an ed plan, choosing classes, getting counselors signatures,please schedule an appointment with a counselor or use our counseling drop-in service. Visit our Outreach Counselors webpage to learn how.
We’ll try to see as many students as possible during these hours, on a first-come, first-served basis. If we cannot get to you or if you’re having trouble connecting, please send an email to and be sure to include your CWID and a short description of your issue. Thank you in advance for your patience.
- Students planning to attend on an F-1 visa should contact the Office of International Student Programs. They will have the best information for you.
Registration and Records
- For questions about the registration system or student records, please contact the Office of Admissions and Records.
Our counselors can assist you with
- Choosing classes to reach your academic goal, such as earning a degree or certificate or transferring to a university
- Creating an educational plan
- Finding resources on campus, such as tutoring or other academic assistance
- Exploring career options
Faculty Director Office of Outreach
For general enrollment or Promise questions, please send an email to .
Also Check: Single Moms Get Paid To Go To School
Meet The Promise Counselors
As a Promise student, you have a team ofdedicated counselorsto help guide you through your time at De Anza. Promise counselors can support you in
- Making sure your education plan is up-to-date, so you qualify for priority registration
- Mapping out your courses, so you can get your degree or transfer on schedule
- Getting you connected with all kinds of campus resources!
New students: We recommend that you complete orientation first, before you make an appointment with a counselor. The orientation will answer many of your initial questions about classes, registration, and related topics, and fulfill your requirement for priority registration.
To speak with a counselor, please use our online scheduling system to book an appointment during the next 14 days. If there are no times available, please check back tomorrow to see what times have been added.
Log In To Make An Appointment With An Outreach Counselor
In order to schedule an appointment with a counselor, you will need a De Anza College Student Campus Wide ID Number and your eight-digit birthday You may acquire an CWID after filling out an application for admission to De Anza College: De Anza College is currently operating remotely to help reduce the risk of coronavirus. Student can still schedule a telephone or Zoom videoconference counseling appointment. Note: If you cannot schedule an appointment with a counselor, you can talk to a counselor during our drop-ins throughout the Fall quarter from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm the following dates:*Please note that if you want to join the drop-in list, click the blue “drop-in” button.*
Read Also: Is Ashworth College Recognized By Employers
Our Commitment To Your Success
Our mission is to empower students in their educational journey by building upon their diverse strengths. See our full mission and values statement.
Our goal is to help you clarify your academic and personal goals.
Our counselors are committed to your success by a delivering a range of services. These include sessions regarding course consideration for each quarter, AP test scores, prerequisite clearance, progress probation levels 1 and 2 to name a few, and petition for graduation.
Explore our services and ways we can help you discover and achieve your goals!