An Employer May Search Social Media
While the employer may not have access to your education records, they may attempt to use social media to find out about you. Many people post information about the high school and college they attended and their years of attendance on social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. If the employer knows where you went to school, they might use that information to find out more about you.
If the job is in a career field that matches your degree, and the job opening is in the same area where you went to college, the employer might know some of your classmates or professors. While professors cannot provide the employer with your education records, one might give some indication whether he remembers you, and his words or body language could leave the employer with a positive or negative impression of you.
The Job Itself: Can You Do It
- Every job entails its own specific skills and qualifications. These are things that are not just words on a paper. Putting that degree or certificate on a resume means that there are certain abilities that you acquired. And not having those necessary skills would make it hard to live up to the job. You would probably end up making many mistakes that could have been prevented, asking loads of questions that your employer might wonder why you dont already know the answers to, and end up getting very stressed out and frustrated. Talk about an uncomfortable position to be in!
Preliminary Exams Or Tests
- Many employers will ask you to do a test to see if you qualify for the job or even just for the next round of interviews. They are trying to filter out the unqualified applicants. Sometimes, if there are certain certificates or diplomas stated on the resume, they will ask you to present a copy of it too.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Recruited For College Softball
Graduation Messages To Friend
Youve watched your best bud work hard these past years and you want them to know that youve noticed. These light hearted messages will do the trick. For the perfect graduation present, frame their best graduation pictures in a personalized graduation frame.
- You are brilliant, able and ambitious. You shall always walk the glory road. Happy graduation. I bless you with all that you need to earn many more achievements and facts in life ahead. Congratulations and well done.
- Were so happy that youve achieved this great milestone- Wishing you great success with your dreams and career.
- Its official: youre now too cool for school. Congrats grad.
- You have completed your remarkable student career. Now that you are graduating, you are at the commencement of a brand new voyage. Good wishes for my best friend on your achievement and to your brand new life. Congratulations graduate.
- Congratulations my friend on being a graduate. I hope that this is just the foundation of many accomplishments to come.
- Many wishes for you on your graduation. You have done the impossible my friend. Have a degree is an honorable thing. Congratulation graduate.
- All of your hard work is paying off my friend. Congrats and cheers to the next step.
- Were glad youre a grad. Congratulations.
Check In With Your Career Office At School
Consider this one of the perks of your college experience. Your career office can connect you with alumni to do informational interviews, help you practice interview skills, review your resume, connect you with career tests, and so much more. See more information on how your alumni network can assist you during your job search.
Read Also: Ashworth College Employment
Graduation Messages For Nephew
Write the perfect graduation message for your nephew with a message that captures your sentiment and relationship. As an aunt or uncle, youll want to congratulate the graduate, share a memory, and pass along any wisdom you see fit. Make sure to get them a gift that they will use for the future with customizable tech accessories that they will love to use everyday.
Network Like It’s Your Job
Studies find that you’re 10 times more likely to land a job when your application is accompanied by an employee referral. However, you can’t get those coveted references without networking. Make it your mission to become an active networker.
Build a valuable professional network by getting involved in your alma mater’s alumni events, joining relevant LinkedIn groups online and finding face-to-face networking opportunities through relevant Meetup groups, professional association, and trade shows and conferences.
Informational interviews will become your best friends. As you grow your network and discover new people who work in a field, industry, or company that interests you, reach out to them to set up an informational interview that will allow you to learn how they got to where they are in their careers and what you can do to get your foot in the door. This article by Danny Rubin will help you craft the perfect networking email for such requests.
Read Also: Do Morticians Get Paid Well
Legality Privacy And Verifying A College Degree
Hiring Tips by Donald Burleson
In the competitive world of Information Technology, resume fraud is rampant and it never ceases to amaze me how many unscrupulous job candidates will fabricate a college education. Ive seen so many fake MBAs and illiterate people who list degrees that its prudent for anyone to verify any and all claims of a college education.
Who Should I Contact With Questions
Contact us at .
The graduation ceremony will be held May 7, 2020. You must apply to graduate! To complete the graduation application online, log into MyIvy, Click Student > Advising > Apply to Graduate. Students who apply to graduate before March 8 will receive a free Ivy Tech t-shirt.
To learn more, please .
If you plan to graduate at the end of Fall 2019, Spring 2020, or Summer 2020 semester, you must complete the Graduation Application. In MY IVY click on the drop down arrow next to the Student tab and then click on Advising. Click on the Apply to Graduate icon and complete the steps to submit your application. Graduation applications are due by March 15, 2020. Any late applications will be processed, but we cannot guarantee that your name will be listed in the commencement program.
Please also note that students much purchase their cap and gown online by March 17th, so dont delay in making that order.
Questions? Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 374-5173, or .
Recommended Reading: Schools That Accept 2.5 Gpa
More From Life Changes:
Yet current college students expect to earn twice that $103,880 in their first job, according to a separate survey of college students pursuing a bachelor’s degree by Real Estate Witch in March.
Undergraduate students across all majors and institutions overestimated their starting salaries by 88%,Real Estate Witch found.
Ten years into their careers, students anticipate making more than $200,000, well over the average mid-career salary of $132,497.
In fact, salary projections for the Class of 2022 vary greatly depending on the area of concentration.
Employers projected starting salaries would increase 5.4% for math and sciences majors and decrease 14.8% for humanities majors, NACE found.
Overall, computer sciences majors are likely to be the highest paid just out of college, earning $75,900, on average, followed by engineering graduates.
“Students really want to understand the hiring demand and starting salaries within their major because they differ,” said Mary Gatta, NACE’s director of research and public policy.
That underscores the importance of career counseling and career services, she added. “It’s also an equity issue,” Gatta said. The idea is that pay transparency will bring about pay equity, which is essentially equal pay for work of equal or comparable value, regardless of worker gender, race or other demographic category.
What Shows Up On An Education Background Check
An education background check shows whether the applicant attended the school they claimed to have attended. It also shows proof of degrees and dates of attendance.Generally, education background checks can go back as far as they need to search for official records. Employers can confirm a candidates diplomas and degrees no matter when they received them. In some cases, an education background check shows GPA and honors earned. An employer will request this information if it is relevant to the position they are hiring for . Usually, an education background check does not verify licenses. Suppose an employer needs to confirm that an applicant has certifications to work in a specific field. In that case, theyll have to use another type of background screening known as professional license verification.
Don’t Miss: Tmcc Ged Program
Benefits Of Hiring Degree Students
Being a Better Candidate.
- College graduates are more attractive to employers. Why? There are many reasons. College grads are eager to learn and ready to accept challenges. They tend to be great multi-taskers. They are also more likely to have gained the most recent and upcoming information in their industry. And they are likely more comfortable with technology and understand the market better.
Relevant Knowledge and Experience.
- Many jobs are specific to the degrees you earn. For example, computer science, business management, and accounting are a few examples of degrees that are needed in order to apply for jobs in those fields. You will surely need the knowledge and experience from your degree in order to even be considered as a potential candidate, let alone succeed in the position!
- In general, almost all employers are going to be more impressed by those holding a degree than those without one. It shows dedication and motivation and seriousness on behalf of the applicant.
Is It Possible To Confirm If Someone Is Enrolled At A Particular School
So I know theres roadblocks like FERPA , but if I already knew:
- Full Name
- Name of school
Would a college/university be able to confirm or deny that the student is enrolled, since Im only asking to have information I already know confirmed or denied, and not asking for any new information? If so, which office/department at a given school would I direct a question like this to?
- 14So I know theres roadblocks like FERPA One persons roadblock is another persons first line of defense against nosy people, stalkers, etc.Jul 11 15 at 22:14
- 1Probably better to not be finding oneself wanting to do this. If the question is about what other people can do, the answer is its technical and it depends. FERPA can give you a way to have your university not divulge your home address, phone , university email, and perhaps even whether you are now or ever were enrolled. But the default of FERPA is typically that last registration term, current address, and current phone are publicly available, without any clearance or privileged info whatsoever. Maybe this will change in the futureJul 11 15 at 23:08
- 1What is the context? If the student is applying to you in some way, you can ask them for a certificate.Jul 12 15 at 10:18
- 3since Im not asking for any new information? you dont know whether the person is enrolled. ergo, you are asking for new information.
You May Like: Is Grammarly Free For College Students
Also Check: Is Ashworth College Real
Figure Out Your Next Move
Start by giving your career goals and ideal dream job some serious thought. You don’t have to map out your entire career path in fact, I recommend that you use these first few years after college to explore different fields and types of organizations to discover what’s best for you before committing to any long-term career goals but you need to narrow down your search to some degree.
For instance, is there a particular industry or company that especially interests you? While it’s unrealistic to assume your first entry-level job after college graduation will be your ‘dream job,’ it’s not unreasonable to target jobs at companies that are in your dream industry.
Check New Jobs Postings Frequently
The best time to apply to a job is within the first 48 hours after its posted, so youll want to check for new job postings often. To get into a good routine, start off your day by searching for new job openings each morning. Monsters job board enables you to search by job title, city, company, and skills and to streamline the process, you can sign up to receive email alerts for new job postings.
Another way to get a line on job openings is to monitor prospective employers social media feeds to see if they plan on adding any positions or host any virtual recruiting events in the near future.
Don’t Miss: Brandon Charnas Job
Diploma Name And Diploma Mailing
The Office of the University Registrar will send you an email about one month after graduation with the link to a form where you can log in and enter your diploma name and diploma mailing address. Effective with the Summer 2021 graduating class, your diploma name does not need to match your UW record name. Please use the Diploma Name and Address Form link you will receive to enter the name you would like us to print on your diploma, and the address where you want us to mail your diploma. If you do not enter anything on the form, or you miss the deadline provided in the email, we will print your diploma using your UW record name and mail your diploma to the permanent address on your UW record.
Students will soon also be able to order a replacement diploma issued in the name of their choice. This page will be updated with more information when available.
Read Also: What College Accepts The Lowest Gpa
Educational Attainment In The United States
2-Year/Community Colleges & Associates Degrees
The first two years of schooling are mainly teaching the students the basics and getting their credentials out of the way.
With 2-year/community colleges producing around 1.5 million graduates in 2018 from associate degrees, certificates, and baccalaureate degrees. The trend in students pursuing 2-year courses is real.
Students who have an associate in teaching or child development are usually the second adult you would find in classrooms, who are also referred to as Teacher assistants.
This is also the two-year period where you will find a lot of college dropouts due to private life circumstances, depression, or too much stress where one feels like college is just not for them.
4-Year Colleges & Bachelors Degrees
Most companies will ask that you have a bachelors degree to even be considered as a potential employee depending on the position a graduate is applying for.
With the common knowledge that a bachelors degree is your gateway to a better life, the majority of students would proceed to take this, as evidenced with the 1.9 million students who graduate in 2018.
The following course made up the bulk number of graduates:
With the steady rise of students pursuing their masters degrees, the demands of postgraduate holders have also increased. In 2018 around 800,000 students graduated with a masters degree in the US.
The leading fields of study are as follows:
You May Like: College For Mortician
How To Use The College Board College Search Tools
The front page of the College Boards College Search tool.
The College Board doesnt just help you get into school It can help you find the right school through its powerful college search tools. Today, well take a look at the College Boards primary college search tool the appropriately named College Board College Search.
What To Write In A Graduation Card
Show your grad how special they are by writing a meaningful message to congratulate them on this milestone. Whether you use a bit of humor to make them laugh or give them advice they cant get anywhere else, your personalized graduation card is an opportunity to express your joy and how proud you are of their achievements. Before you write your graduation message, consider these writing tips:
- Say Congratulations! Let the graduate know how proud you are of their accomplishments and congratulate them on graduating. You should start your message off with this cheerful sentiment.
- Mention specific accomplishments. Did they receive any honors or were they a sports team captain? Mention this in your letter!
- Give advice. Provide the graduate with valuable advice for their career and life to give some helpful direction. Graduating can be as scary as it is exciting. Theyll appreciate you sharing advice and any lessons youve learned.
- Look to the future. Express your happiness for the grads future and let them know youre excited for their next chapter. Reassure them that their future is bright.
- Send well wishes: Send the graduate off with well wishes for new beginnings and continued success.
Recommended Reading: Does York College Have Dorms
Common First Jobs For College Graduates
New college graduates typically start work in entry-level positions. For these entry-level roles, titles like associate, assistant, or coordinator are common. as a graphic designer, account manager, and staff accountant. Also review some of the highest paying jobs for new and recent graduates. Your job options, of course, will vary depending on your educational background and work experience. Browse through these lists of hot jobs by major:
How To Find Out If Someone Graduated From Phoenix University
People may embellish or include outright lies on a resume to get a job. In fact, giving false information about having obtained a degree is one of the most common problems employers find with resumes. Verifying an applicant’s educational history helps you establish the person’s credibility and feel secure about hiring.
You May Like: Berkeley College Tuition 2020