Invest In A Daycare Franchise Opportunity And Invest In Your Family
In 2005, when we started franchising College Nannies, Sitters + Tutors, we realized that working parents want qualified nannies and babysitters to do more than just watch their kids they want them to mentor and teach them new things, too.
There are more than 50 million kids under the age of 11 in the U.S. today, and 63% of couples with children have both parents employed, and many of them are looking for exactly the kind of caring, experienced people we employ. So, when youre thinking about what it costs to start a nanny business, you should also consider the upside potential of being your own boss in a growing industry.
As a successful business owner, your family reaps the benefits of an exciting investment, as well as your new-found flexibility to spend more time at home yourself. In 2018 we hit a major development milestone by expanding to over 100 local territories across the country. Today we have close to 200 franchise locations, many of which are owned by working parents who decided to invest in one of the fastest-growing daycare franchise opportunities in the country and in themselves!
How Much Do Babysitters Cost
Unlike nannies, babysitters often work part-time or on an occasional basis for several families at a time, and are paid hourly at the end of a shift. Cost of living and minimum wage laws can influence hourly rates. According to recent Sittercity data, the national typical hourly rate of babysitters in 2022 is $17.50 per hour.*
Use the chart below to determine the most appropriate babysitting rate by hourly wage by location.
Common Questions About Salaries At College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors
Recommended Reading: Hunter College Transfer Gpa
Are You Ready To Invest In A Daycare Franchise Opportunity
The first thing most people want to know when theyre investigating daycare franchise opportunities is, how much does it cost? The answer is that your up-front investment will vary depending on how many territories you purchase. Many College Nannies, Sitters + Tutors franchisees own two or more locations, and your costs will also depend on how many businesses youre interested in owning.
So Much Rides On Todays Grades
Getting into college takes preparation and individual focus starting as early as 7th grade. Yikes! Lets ratchet that stress down a notch, and help your kids succeed.
- Personalized MatchWe personally match your child with the right tutor for their academic needs and their learning style.
- Local School IntegrationYour College Tutor works personally with your students guidance counselor and teachers to ensure tutoring reflects the actual school curriculum.
- Remote & In-Person Learning IntegrationGuiding your student with customized support.
Read Also: Brandon Charnas Katz Deli
College Nannies+sitters+tutors Salary Faqs
The average College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors salary ranges from approximately $33,318 per year for a Nanny/Babysitter to $46,911 per year for a Role Model Manager. The average College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors hourly pay ranges from approximately $13 per hour for an On-Call Nanny to $17 per hour for a Nanny/Babysitter. College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors employees rate the overall compensation and benefits package 3.1/5 stars.
The highest-paying job at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors is a Role Model Manager with a salary of $46,911 per year.
The lowest-paying job at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors is a Nanny/Babysitter with a salary of $33,318 per year.
College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors employees attributed a compensation and benefits rating of 3.1/5 stars to their company. Read what they think about their salaries on our Compensation FAQ page for .
Explanatory Note For Section 1
- The franchisor has prepared six charts which are included in Section 1 below using current pricing and expense information from actual College Nannies and Tutors franchised businesses. The purpose of the charts in Section 1 is to outline the prices, costs, and gross margin percentages and amounts for the services offered in the Franchised Business.
Recommended Reading: Ashworth College Pharmacy Tech
Whats The Average Going Rate For Babysitters And Nannies
When deciding how much to pay your babysitter or nanny, its important to set a competitive rate to attract the best caregivers. But there are lots of factors to think about when determining the cost of child care. Use the information below to compare nanny and babysitting rates in your area, and align on a reasonable price per hour for your sitter.
Nannies Make Summer Safe And Fun
Safety is always our priority. You can rely on a safe, flexible, and engaging nanny for your summer child care needs and take the worry out of planning your summer.
My girls have had wonderful summer’s over the course of many years due to the fun activities their nannies have planned. They like to be active and theyve done everything from tennis to swimming to paddle boarding. My daughters are both creative and artistic so they enjoyed the arts and craft projects they did with their summer nannies on rainy days.
Worden FamilyNanny Customer
Don’t Miss: College Dorm Bedding Size
What Does It Really Cost To Start A Nanny Business
A typical College Nannies, Sitters + Tutors franchise requires an initial investment of between $134,500 and $228,000. In addition to the one-time franchise fee, your up-front costs can include expenses for marketing and recruiting, signage, construction , insurance, training, legal services and other basic costs of starting your own business. The good news is that we can help you find suppliers and advise you on exactly what materials youll need to launch a College Nannies, Sitters + Tutors franchise that is fully operational from the first day you open your doors.
Once youre established, there are ongoing royalties and operating fees for essential parts of our proven business model the same model that helped us get ranked #138 on the Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 ranking in 2019, out of more than 1000 companies that applied. We charge these fees to offset the costs of continuing support you can expect from us such as software licenses, data storage, brand marketing, and local advertising programs to help you grow your business.
Explanatory Note For Section 2
- In Section 2 below, the franchisor has prepared one chart using actual financial information from College Nannies and Tutors businesses. The chart shows the 2012 unaudited gross revenue of all College Nannies and Tutors franchises that have learning centers, were in operation as of December 31, 2012, and have been open for at least one year.
- A learning center is defined as a commercial space with exterior logo signage and at least five tutoring stations. The franchisor has used this subset of franchisees because the only model it is currently offering requires all franchisees to have a learning center.
Read Also: Best Mortuary Science Programs
Other Factors To Consider When Setting Your Rates For Child Care
For nannies and babysitters who set their own rates, the cost can increase for a few reasons:
- Number of Children: As any parent knows, more children means more work, especially when age ranges vary. For each additional child, pay your child care provider an extra $1 or $2.
- Certifications: Theres a difference in experience both in life and in child care between your neighbors 16-year-old daughter and a nanny of 10 years who is CPR and first-aid certified. Plan to compensate your nanny accordingly.
- Additional Responsibilities: If you expect your sitter to pick up the kids from school, help with homework, or perform household tasks like cooking dinner or cleaning, plan to pay more for these additional services.
- Special Occasions: If you plan to hire a sitter for New Years Eve or Valentines Day, youll need to pay more than your usual rate. Sitters are in high demand at these times.
- Travel and Expenses: Of course, sitters in large cities like Manhattan or San Francisco are more expensive than those in smaller Midwestern cities. But youll also need to think about how long it takes for the sitter or nanny to travel to work. If you live in a rural area where the sitter has to drive 45 minutes each way, you might have to pay more to make it worth their time for a 2-hour babysitting job.
*Sittercity Provider Data, January 2022
Our Referral Rates And Fees
There are many things to consider when evaluating the fees a nanny placement agency commands. At Morningside Nannies, youll find our fee structure competitive both locally and nationally with other respected placement agencies.
To start your search, we require a $100.00 search fee. This is a one-time non-refundable fee and is required to begin any search.
Should you hire one of our candidates for a position through our permanent division, our referral fee is equivalent to six times the nannys gross weekly wages. The minimum referral fee for any placement through our permanent division is $1000. This fee is payable upon the nanny accepting your job offer.
At Morningside Nannies we excel with matching the right nannies with the right families. The referral fee covers the cost of screening your candidate and the time required to carefully match a nannys skills, experience and personality with your caregiver expectations and preferences.
Please note: There will be a $25 cancellation fee if a confirmed care is canceled by the client with less than 24 hours notice. Please notify the agency as early as possible if you must cancel. If the sitter cancels, you will be eligible for one sit without an agency charge if the agency is unable to find a replacement nanny before the scheduled time.
START YOUR JOB SEARCH
Don’t Miss: I Want To Sell My College Books
College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors Franchise Costs: Estimated Initial Investment
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $45,000
- The above estimate assumes that this is your first franchised Territory.
2. Initial Marketing and Recruiting: $20,000
- You must spend at least $20,000 on initial marketing within the first 12 months of your operations. These funds must be spent according to the specifications in the Manual and will include expenses for the acquisition of a direct mail list, newspaper and magazine advertising, online marketing and recruitment, printing and postage costs.
- The franchisor may waive the initial marketing expenditure requirement if you are opening a College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors business in a Territory that is physically adjacent to or located within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area as an existing College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors business owned by you.
3. Construction and Remodeling: $0 to $10,000
- The amount of construction and remodeling costs will vary dramatically depending upon the type of location, the terms of your lease, if applicable, and whether your landlord pays for leasehold improvements which are in turn reflected in your lease payment.
- You are required to establish an approved Community Location for your Business within 12 months after you sign the Franchise Agreement, but the franchisor recommends that you open the Community Location as soon as possible.
4. Furnishings, Equipment, Supplies, and Technology: $3,000 to $12,000
5. Signage: $500 to $5,000
6. Legal and Accounting: $1,000 to $3,000
College Nannies And Tutors
Something that has been really important to my husband and I since the day we learned we were going to have a child was time alone.
We do our best to set aside time for just the two of us.
The hardest part? Finding a responsible sitter one that our kids love. My parents are great at filling in the gaps, but though they love spending time with their grandchildren, theyve got busy lives too and arent always available.
So when we had the opportunity to try out College Nannies & Tutors, we jumped at the chance.
I chatted with Cindy, the general manager, over the phone, and set up a time for her to come out to my home and get a feel for what were looking for.
Wow do they ever go out of their way to find someone that is a perfect fit for your family! Cindy explained their hiring and training process, which is extensive. We went over allergies, family rules, my thoughts on what a great sitter should be it was pretty detailed!
We were using what they call their On-Call service versus a more permanent nanny service. Typically, youd let them know your desired time, a pool of sitters is pulled up, and a match is made. Being new to the service, I crossed my fingers and hoped Cindy would find someone great for us.
And boy did she ever!
Katy was prompt . Right away, my kids connected with her, and she asked them for a tour of the house. She was personable and the children approved .
And heres the added bonus: she cleaned up the kitchen and house!
Don’t Miss: Ashworth College Pharmacy Tech Reviews
Saying Yes Has Never Been Easier
For all of lifes opportunities and events, our reliable Sitters are ready to roll. We match fully screened and trained professionals to your familys needs, so you can say Yesworry free.
CNS+T found the perfect sitter for our family. All three kids like her – nothing short of a miracle! – and she has made our life easier in every way. She’s thoughtful, helpful, and goes above and beyond for our family on a daily basis.
Johnson FamilySitter Customer
College Nannies Sitters And Tutors
Thinking of investing in a College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors franchise? We think its a great opportunity for anyone looking to open a business with an experienced franchisor behind them. Founded in 2001, College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors specializes in Nanny placement, babysitting. As a Child Care franchise, College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors has grown to include over 193 units since they began franchising in 2005 . It costs an estimated $105,000 $158,000 to open a College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors franchise.
Read Also: Do College Credits Expire After 10 Years
Detailed Information On College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors Initial Franchise Fee Royalty Fee + 13 Other Fees
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $45,000
- The standard initial franchise fee is $45,000. This amount is fully earned by College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors on signing the Franchise Agreement and is not refundable.
- If you meet College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors qualifications and opt to purchase a second franchised Territory, then the initial franchise fee for the second franchised Territory is $35,000 .
- If you meet College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors qualifications and opt to purchase a third or any additional Territories, then the initial franchise fee for the third and each subsequent Territory is $25,000 .
- If you are an existing franchisee, you will be entitled to the reduced initial franchise fees if you subsequently purchase a second, third, or more franchised Territories as long as you are in good standing and not in default of your Franchise Agreement.
- You must execute a separate Franchise Agreement for each Territory.
- If you meet College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors credit standards, it will finance up to 80% of the initial franchise fee payable by you under the Franchise Agreement. You must make an initial down payment of at least 20% of the total initial franchise fee at the time you sign your Franchise Agreement. The remainder must be paid over a period of no more than 24 months.
- The above-described fees are the only payments you must make to College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors for services or goods provided before your franchised Business begins operating.
About College Nannies Sitters And Tutors
College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors is the nations most respected, complete and professional resource helping busy families raise smart, confident, well-adjusted kids. Since 2001 weve built local professional teams across the country whove helped hundreds of busy parents carve out time for themselves with a sitter, have help on hand with a part-time or full-time nanny, or get their college bound student the tutoring they need to succeed. Since we started our nanny franchise in 2005, weve built local professional teams across the country.
These teams have accommodated parents with the help of both part-time or full-time sitters and nannies. With over 73 million children living in the U.S., the marketplace is perfect for our services.Our babysitting franchise leadership team is made up of individuals with strong backgrounds in franchising and business. They know what it takes to get one of our franchises started out on solid footing.We are one of the fastest-growing childcare providers in the U.S. and the largest employer of nannies. In 2016, College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors Development became part of the Bright Horizons Family of Childcare Solutions as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Our Childcare Business Never Stops Evolving
Multiple Revenue Streams
A Dedication to Technology
The Power of Brand Recognition
Read Also: Study Com Transfer Credits
Section 1 Pricing And Hourly Cost Information
Chart 1 Nanny Services Pricing
- Part Time Placement Fee: $295.00 $995.00
- Summer Placement Fee: $195.00 $595.00
- Full Time Placement Fee: $995.00 $1,595.00
- On-call Set Up Fee: $99.00 $149.00
- Starting hourly rate billed to families for traditional nanny services: $17.50
- Hourly rate billed to customers for on-call/corporate/emergency care: $18.50 $32.00
- Driving Record Search: $95.00
- Lab Based Drug Screen: $145.00
Chart 2 Tutoring Services Pricing
- Learning Center Tutor Session: $55.00 $70.00
- Remote Tutor Session: $65.00 $75.00
- Special Project and College Prep Tutoring Sessions: $65.00 $120.00
Chart 3 Nanny Hourly Cost
To Access the Rest of This Article and Other Premium, Income-Enhancing Content, or Log In.Gain the Insider Information You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment. Click Here to Learn More.