Application Information For Transfer Students
Transfer applicants are evaluated on a rolling admissions basis. Some academic programs have limited enrollment or specific application dates other than the priority deadlines outlined in the chart below.
*Some programs have specific deadlines, limited enrollment, or other requirements. Review the details below.
|Term||Priority Filing Admission Notification by:||Application Submission Deadline||Deadline for Student Notification of Enrollment|
|Fall Semester||Refer to the date on the offer notification.|
|Summer Session||Refer to the date on the offer notification.|
|Spring Semester||Refer to the date on the offer notification.|
*Some programs have specific deadlines, limited enrollment, or other requirements. Review the details below.
Please submit a complete application by the priority filing date, or as soon as possible following that date. If you have specific questions regarding your intended program, please contact your campus of interest for preferred filing dates and program information.
Preferred filing dates for Commonwealth Campus programs may differ from those shown above. Please contact your campus of interest for more information.
Menu Guides And Resources
Harvard College Admissions Office and Griffin Financial Aid Office
86 Brattle Street
If you are located in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway , please for additional information about ways that certain Harvard University Schools, Centers, units and controlled entities, including this one, may collect, use, and share information about you.
How Does Nyu Evaluate Transfer Applicants
Admission for such students is highly competitive. NYUs evaluation will focus on your high school/secondary school performance and your midterm college/university grades. Read more about what accepted NYU students typically take in high school/secondary school.
Our most competitive applicants have completed at least 32 credits/points of coursework by the time they enroll at NYU.
Recommended Reading: Can Single Moms Get Paid To Go To College
Filling Out The Application
Even though applying to UC is an exciting time in your life, it can also be daunting. But we’re here to reassure you – we’re not looking for perfection. We want to know about your passions and life experiences…everything that makes you, YOU.
Our application is designed to capture all of this and more.
Why Transfer Colleges
One excellent reason to transfer is because you are unhappy. If you find that the school you are attending is not the best-fit college for you, you dont have to settle for four years of misery. Now that you have more clarity about what you want out of your college experience, you are even better equipped to find one that will meet your academic and social expectations.
Another reason to transfer is if your current school does not have a strong program in your major or area of interest. If you’ve decided to be a doctor and your college has a weak pre-med program, don’t be afraid to look elsewhere.
Some students who are rejected from their first-choice school attend another school with the intention of later transferring. Others begin their education at a two-year community college but ultimately want a four-year degree.
However, if your goal is simply to enroll in a college with bigger name recognition, you might want to reconsider. The difference in reputation between your old school and your new one may not justify the time and effort of transferring.
Whatever reason you have, do your research. Pay a visit to the campus of your prospective school, chat with current students, and be sure to sit in on the specific classes that interest you. You don’t want to find yourself transferring…again.
Also Check: Is College Ave Legit
How To Send Documents
- We accept official high school and college transcripts through the following methods:
- Electronic document delivery services . If a destination address is requested, please input firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
From The Service To School
Veteran transfer students from community colleges make Harvard home
- Transfer Application from the Coalition Application or Common Application.
- Harvard College Questions and Writing Supplement for the Common Application
- $75 fee or a fee waiver
- Standardized testing: We ordinarily require all transfer applicants to submit ACT or SAT scores. Due to the current extraordinary circumstances, we will consider Fall 2021 transfer applications without standardized testing if you have been unable to sit for the exams. If you have taken these tests, we strongly recommend that you submit your scores . If you have previously applied to Harvard, we will have access to your prior scores even if you do not report them on your current transfer application.
- SAT or ACT : Strongly recommended, if you have taken these tests
- AP, IB or other examination results: Optional
- Self-reported scores are acceptable during the application process official scores are required of enrolling students who provided test scores as part of their application.
Recommended Reading: Sell My Used College Books
Possible Outcomes Of A Departmental Assessment
Once you return the completed form and the correct course information, the request will be forwarded to the department for review. You may receive one of three possible decisions:
During the departmental assessment, approved transfer credits will be added to your academic record. Students will be notified via email when departmental assessments are complete.
How Do I Apply
The Common Application is required for students applying as transfers to our New York campus. Please ensure that you complete the Common Application for Transfer Students rather than First-Years. Currently NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai do not accept transfer students.
- Official secondary/high school transcript with graduation date, regardless of when you graduated.
- Official college/university transcripts from all institutions you have attended. See below for guidelines on sending official documents.
- The Common Application Instructor Evaluation form OR a letter of recommendation completed by a college professor, or a direct supervisor if it has been more than a year since you were last enrolled in classes.
- Many of our programs have additional requirements, which may include an audition, portfolio, or prerequisite courses. Please carefully review the additional program requirements for your school, college, or program.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee.
Please note: NYU will only allow one application to a program per term. If you apply to more than one program per term, your additional applications will be withdrawn automatically and you will not receive an application refund.
Don’t Miss: Single Mother Student Loan
List Of Colleges With Late Application Deadlines
The following colleges offer late application deadlines in This full list of colleges with late application deadlines is organized by month you can either scroll through it or look for a specific school by using the ctrl + F function on your keyboard. All data comes from the College Board’s BigFuture.
Note that some of these schools have earlier priority deadlines for things such as scholarships and financial aid.
|William Paterson University of New Jersey||6/1|
The majority of college applicants are high school seniors, and most of the college application advice out there is aimed at them. But what do you do if you don’t fall into this narrow category? Our eBook on how to prepare for and apply to college as a nontraditional student will walk you through everything you need to know, from the coursework you should have under your belt to how to get letters of recommendation when you’re not a high school senior.
If you don’t mind bringing your work to the beach, you could apply to any of the colleges below that have a July deadline.
This final group of schools lets you enroll in September, right before you start taking classes.
If you’re looking to send off a later application, these colleges with late deadlines aren’t the only ones available. Schools with rolling admissions might also still have space for prospective students!
What We Look For
Through our admissions process, we strive to give you ample opportunities to best demonstrate your interests and accomplishments. We welcome candidates who have gone directly from high school into college as well as those who have followed less traditional paths.
The Admissions Committee looks for achievement in a rigorous program of study, especially in your expected field of specialization. Beyond strong grades, test scores, and recommendations, the Committee considers other non-academic factors such as significant extracurricular engagements and talents. We also consider an applicants personal qualities such as a capacity for leadership, creativity, resiliency, intellectual curiosity, and independent thinking.
In addition to our standard application materials, you may submit supplementary materials showcasing exceptional or unusual talents, including musical performance, artistic work, and research material.
Also Check: Can You Apply To Multiple Colleges
John Molson School Of Business Students
JMSB students: You may be eligible to receive transfer credits and/or exemptions for completed post-secondary studies. You are required to submit a JMSB Transfer Credit Request form to have these evaluated for equivalency to specific JMSB courses and/or general elective courses. Each request is considered on its merits and evaluated on the content, character, quality, and quantity of work completed at the accredited institution.
To submit your request form, complete the second page and forward it to along with copies of detailed course outlines/syllabi of the courses you completed at the previous university or college.
Transfer Applicants From Outside Alberta
Courses taken at other research-based universities shall be accepted for credit, subject to meeting University of Alberta grade and program requirements. For post-secondary institutions attended outside of Alberta, the university will normally grant transfer credit for university-level courses that are transferable to the research-intensive universities within that province, subject to meeting minimum grade and program requirements. References used are online provincial transfer guides such as the BC Transfer Guide and ONTransfer.
You May Like: Is Ashworth College Recognized By Employers
Are You Eligible To Transfer
To apply to UBC as a transfer student, you are strongly encouraged to have 24 transferable credits completed by May with at least a C average , or a grade point of 2.0. Use the UBC transfer credit search tool to see how previously evaluated courses from many institutions transfer to UBC. Having more than 24 credits applicable to your intended program may increase your likelihood of admission.
While requirements and limitations vary by program and campus, please note that:
- Applicants should be in good academic standing at the last institution they attended.
- Second-year applicants should ideally present 30 credits and satisfy all promotion requirements for advancement to that year.
- Third-year applicants should ideally present 5460 credits and satisfy all promotion requirements for advancement to that year.
- Admission to UBC is competitive, and satisfying the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission. UBC may review your entire record to ensure that your courses align with the requirements and expectations of your intended UBC degree program. Consistent academic performance and perseverance, progressive course sequencing with increasing rigour, and comparability with studies at UBC are among the factors that help demonstrate your suitability and readiness.
- For some programs, a Personal Profile or other criteria will also be considered.
Common App For Transfer Students
Meet students where they are to help them get where theyâre going.
Easily manage programs and prerequisites
Take advantage of a targeted application experience based on a studentâs age, goals, current degree status, and credits earned.
Track experience and achievements
Applicants are guided through a tailored experience and able to provide additional critical information about their background.
Better address the needs of adult students
Member institutions can provide personalized pathways and centralize management of documents and transcripts.
Don’t Miss: Is Ashworth College Recognized By Employers
Your Guide To Applying
On this page youll find step-by-step application instructions on applying as a transfer student to NYU via the Common Application.
Admission for transfer students is highly competitive. NYUs evaluation will focus primarily on your college/university grades and your high school/secondary school performance. Our most competitive applicants have completed at least 32 credits/points of coursework by the time they enroll at NYU.
If the following applies to you, follow the instructions below to apply as a transfer student:
- You have completed the equivalent of a United States secondary school education , and have either an appropriate diploma or leaving certificates.
AND any of the following apply to you:
- You are currently or have been enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a college or university that is regionally accredited in the U.S.
- You are currently or have been enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a college or university outside the U.S. that is nationally recognized by the country’s primary accrediting council/agency
- You are currently or have been enrolled in a non-degree seeking program in the U.S. and will have completed 24 semester credits or more by the time you plan to enroll at NYU.
If any of the below apply, you should submit a first-year application:
*If youre unsure of your degree-seeking status or accreditation of your most recent school, we recommend you contact your schools registrars office.
Start Your Day With Laist
Read more about your options in higher education in our guide, How To Get To College In California.
Going back to school is a big decision. If youve already taken some higher education classes, you might not want to start again from scratch. So what can you do to make those credits count? Here are a few options to consider.
Will college credits you earned a long time ago transfer? The answer depends on a few things:
- the school and program you previously attended
- what classes you took
- where youd like to go to school now
- what you want to study
In general, college credits dont expire, so if you took a math class 15 years ago theres no reason to think it wouldnt still count today. But school requirements for particular degrees do change all the time.
In any case, your first step will be to get hold of any previous transcripts call your former school or check their website to find out how to request them. You may have to pay a small fee. The federal Student Aid Commission website also has fact sheets on obtaining transcripts from higher education institutions that have closed down. Next, book an appointment with a counselor at the school youre interested in. They can examine all the courses you took to determine whether you have transferable credits. If you dont know how to get an appointment with a counselor directly, get in touch with an admissions or outreach officer and they can direct you.
Also Check: Fundraising Ideas For College Tuition
What Are The Admissions Requirements For Transfer Students
Transferable courses are college-level courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities. In order to determine admissibility, the Office of Admissions will calculate your cumulative GPA for all transferable college-level courses from all schools attended. For repeated courses, grades from all course attempts will be used for calculation of cumulative GPA. The cumulative GPA is for admission purposes only and will not transfer to your UH GPA.
|Admission Type||Hours of College-Level Credit Earned||Minimum Required Cumulative GPA|
|Must meet freshman admission criteria|
|15 or more||2.25 – 2.49|
*If you don’t meet the assured admissions requirements, we may consider additional factors in the admissions process. If we require additional documentation, we’ll request those materials from you.
Some majors have additional requirements on top of the ones listed above. For more information, visit .
Admission Transfer Credit Form Guideline
The Faculty of Arts and Science’s Admission Transfer Credit Form is intended for newly admitted students who have previous post-secondary studies and who may be entitled to receive transfer credits and/or exemptions, at Concordia University. GENL transfer credits from incomplete CEGEP studies will not be considered for course specification by discipline . The credits will count as general elective credits
Please read the following instructions carefully:
Don’t Miss: Is Ashworth College Recognized By Employers