Founding Father Of The American Auto And Industry As We Know It
Financial aid for college originates from a wide variety of sources, so dont limit yourself to government-sponsored assistance. Foundations, associations, advocacy groups and private industry each extend their own forms of financial aid for university students. While it may be true that stalwart federal programs like Pell Grants and Direct Loans provide the deepest pockets for financing higher education, unique opportunities exist within the private sector too.
Corporate philanthropy includes educational objectives, which often translates into valuable scholarships and grants for qualified students. Career-specific financial aid initiated by private sector benefactors helps educate the future workforce. Large corporations hold a vested interest in promoting higher education, so search within your field for valuable resources.
The Ford Motor Company was instrumental in the birth of the automobile in 1903, but the company was also a pioneer in mass production. Ford manufacturing concepts were ahead of their time creating production efficiency that helped usher in the Industrial Age. Innovation stands as a fundemental tenet of Fords modern-day success, so the company actively supports technical education among progressive college students.
Apple Grants Scholarships And Financial Aid
The Apple Scholars Program
Apple rewards high school students based on academic achievement, providing up to $2,000 in cash and in Apple products, to help students further their education. Scholarships are limited and awarded to seniors with above average grade point averages.
Apple Distinguished Educator Program
Apple Distinguished Educator scholarship recognizes outstanding teachers who develop creative curriculums that teach students about computer and information technology in extraordinary ways, advancing collegiate study techniques and opening doors of opportunity for students.
Not only does Apple Computer, Inc. provide scholarships, innovatively, the company has a financial aid program that rewards students, colleges, schools, non-profit organizations, institutions, associations, and universities in the form of discounts for products such as computers used for higher education.
Appleâs Internship Program
Apple provides all-inclusive exposure to business sciences, computer information, and software technology, developing superior internship programs modelling excellence to interns and small businesses alike. Thousands of students from colleges and universities nationwide look forward to participating in high-powered and rewarding internship programs.
Companies That Will Pay For Your College
41 Companies That Will Pay for Your C…
When it comes to funding college, grants and scholarships will only go so far, and nobody wants to graduate $100K in debt. So why not consider working for one of the many companies that will pay for your college while you earn money?
Lots of companies have great tuition reimbursement jobs thatll help you get ahead in life, while youre already getting ahead in life.
Heres my list of some of the biggest tuition-friendly companies out there thatll help you pay for college:
You May Like: Who Buys Back Used College Textbooks
What Do You Need To Apply For A College Scholarship
Motivation, dedication, and ambition are the first step, but they are not enough. What more do students need to apply for financial aid for their studies? The answer would be a neat application with all the required documents.
While motivation, dedication, and ambition are all required when applying for college scholarships, there is also quite a bit of documentation that youll need to submit along with your application:
- A copy of your drivers license, state-issued photo ID or passport to verify you are a U.S. citizen. Youll need to submit a copy of your green card and/or visa if you are not.
- Certified copies of transcripts, certificates and/or diplomas
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation from teachers, supervisors, and/or guidance counselors
- Test results for SATs and/or ACTs for undergrad scholarships, and GREs, LSATs, GMATs and/or MCATs for graduate scholarships
- A resume, if available
- A motivational letter and/or essay that provides the scholarship committee with additional information about why you are a worthy recipient
Wings Over America Scholarship
Deadline: Please check back with us October 1, 2021 for the NEXT scholarship season.
Overview: Our mission is to provide college scholarships to dependent children and spouses of all US Navy personnel officer and enlisted active duty, retired, honorably discharged or deceased who served within Naval Air Forces. Recipients are selected on the basis of scholastic merit, community service, extra-curricular activities and character.
You May Like: How To Apply For Pell Grants For Single Mothers
Ford American Indian College Fund
With a focus on the future, minority students who maintain a 3.0 grade point average or above can apply for Fordâs American Indian College Fund, Corporate Scholarship. Sophomores seeking degrees in business, environmental sciences, math, teaching studies, and basic sciences may apply.
Involvement in American Indian community services, proof of enrolment in the above-mentioned fields of study, and demonstrated leadership are prerequisites for applying. Additionally, applicants must be American Indian, Native Alaskan, or Hawaiian descendants to be eligible for $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 in scholarship awards.
Belgian American Educational Foundation Fellowship
The Belgian American Educational Foundation Fellowship is offered to students through the Belgian American Educational Foundation. Started in 1920, the Belgian American Educational Foundation was created with the goal of exchanging talented students and new ideas between Belgium and the United States. Founded by President Herbert Hoover, the Belgian American Educational Foundation has worked to help students pay for their education in exchange for studying abroad in Belgium or in the United States. Since its creation, 3,000 Belgian students have received support as well as 900 American students. Over the years, the Belgian American Educational Foundation has amassed more funding through its partners and donors and has been able to offer the program on a much wider scale.
Home Depot Orange Scholars Program
The Home Depot Orange Scholars Program is a scholarship fund that provides financial aid for students whose parents are hourly employees at The Home Depot hardware chain. Since the scholarship was first awarded in 2006, over 13,000 students have received scholarships totaling more than $32 million.
To apply, students must submit an online application through the Home Depot Orange Scholars application portal. Applicants will be required to provide an official high school transcript and college transcript , as well as financial information.
Award: $2,500 in the United States and Canada, $1,000 in Mexico
- Must be a dependent of a full- or part-time hourly associate of The Home Depot and its subsidiaries, The Home Depot Canada or The Home Depot Mexico, at the time of application
- Must be a current high school senior or a current college freshman, sophomore, or junior planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student in the upcoming academic year
- Must attend an accredited, non-profit two- or four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico
- Applicants parent/legal guardian must be a Home Depot associate for at least one year as of November 1, 2019 and must be a Home Depot associate at the time the scholarship is awarded
Google Will Match Student Loan Payments Up To $2500/year And Help With Tuition
As of 2021, to help reduce the amount of student loan debt their employees are carrying, by matching employees student loan payments up to $2,500/year.
Thats on top of Googles existing tuition reimbursement benefits, which include up to $12,000/year for employee-students who earn grades of A or B.
Why Are College Student Scholarships Important
Scholarships for college students are very important, especially with the rising tuition costs. On top of the costs typically associated with attending college or university, there are also the unexpected costs, like those for textbooks, snacks, transportation, medical care, and more. College student scholarships help students offset the costs of higher education, and allow them to graduate with less debt.
The Role Of Corporations In Sponsoring Educations
Large corporations often set aside company funds for a variety of scholarship programs. These companies understand that the well educated workforce of tomorrow depends on accessible education today. Companies develop scholarship programs for their employees and their families, as well as as for the general public. These programs may be need-based or merit-based, and often target specific career oriented disciplines.
Also Check: Is Ashworth College Recognized By Employers
When To Apply For A Scholarship
Most college application deadlines are between January 1st and February 1st, with March 1st being the late deadline. If youre planning on applying to any scholarships, however, you need to start preparing for this process much earlier. When it comes to scholarships and especially competitive ones, youre much better off applying early than late. Plus, if you apply early, youre much less likely to miss a deadline.
Nhl & Tmcf Scholarship
The National Hockey League and Thurgood Marshall College Fund have teamed up to administer the National Hockey League Scholarship. Select high school seniors will win this $6,200 merit scholarship. Moreover, student applicants must be active participants of Hockey is for Everyone in the United States and Canada.
Read Also: Is College Avenue Student Loans Legit
Companies That Offer Scholarships For Employees Dependents
Higher education is expensive. In the United States, the average total cost of a four-year degree is a staggering $122,000. As a result, over 45 million Americans share $1.6 trillion in unpaid student debt, a sum greater than the totality of credit card and auto loan debt, as well as the entire economy of Spain. Over half of students say they cant afford the cost of their college tuition.
In order to help their employees and their families pay for their education, many businesses offer scholarships to the children and dependents of their employees. Scholarships such as these help thousands of working families pay their childrens education expenses every year.
Here are 10 companies that offer scholarships for their employees dependents.
Hispanic College Fund Ford Mi Fuerza Scholarship
$500 to $5,000.00 dollars are available to Hispanics graduating high school and attending accredited four-year colleges to obtain undergraduate and graduate degrees. Additional scholarships are available for Hispanic students, including grants that awards up to $2,500.00 toward degree programs.
The Ford Motor Company is committed to higher education, philanthropy, and financial aid for worthy and needy individuals seeking degrees in various fields of business, science, and technology. In turn, graduates press-on into a future complementing Fordâs continued efforts. For more information about the companyâs scholarship programs, visit www.ford.com.
You May Like: How Many College Credits To Graduate
Walmart Live Better U
Walmarts Live Better U program allows Walmart employees to earn a high school diploma, college degree, skilled trade diploma, or professional certificate for only $1 per day, including the costs of mandatory fees and required books. Participants in the program may pursue degrees in business, supply chain management, IT, and healthcare at participating accredited schools, including the University of Florida, Bellevue University, Southern New Hampshire University, and Purdue University Global. Employees can choose from over 100 programs that are designed to accommodate the unique needs of working students. Employees can enroll in the program on the day they are hired.
To apply, interested employees can sign up for in-network classes through the Live Better U website. In-network tuition will be paid directly to the course provider.
Award: Covers the entire cost of education, except for students $1 per day contribution
- Part-time or full-time active Walmart employee working in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must enroll in a participating degree program
Conocophillips Dependent Scholarship Program
Multinational energy corporation ConocoPhillips offers a scholarship for the dependent children of ConocoPhillips Employees and Retirees. These scholarships are worth $4,000 per year for up to four years for a total of $16,000. Up to 60 scholarships are awarded per year, and winners are selected based on their academic performance, financial need, and community service.
To apply, students must complete the online application by the application deadline. Applicants are required to provide a complete high school transcript and financial information .
- Must be a dependent child of a full-time employee, employed with ConocoPhillips as of May 1 of the year in which the awards are made, or a dependent child of a former employee who retired from ConocoPhillips, having met retiree eligibility requirements under their applicable retirement plan, who are not actively employed full-time elsewhere, including self-employment, and are not eligible to participate in another companys dependent scholarship program offered to employees or retirees
- Must be a high school senior
- Must plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the entire academic year following the application period
Don’t Miss: Grants For Single Moms To Go To School
Vfw Voice Of Democracy Competition
The VFW Voice of Democracy Competition is offered to students by the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. A nonprofit veterans service organization, the VFW was created to help care for American soldiers returning from war. Tracing back to 1899, the VFW was first formed after veterans of the Spanish-American War and the Philippine Insurrection returned home to find that there were no pensions and medical care for them. To help support these veterans, different chapters of the VFW began springing up across the United States. Today, there are nearly 1.7 million members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States and its Auxiliary. Wanting to help support veterans and get the word out about the plight of veterans to future generations, the VFW has sponsored many outreach programs one of which is the Voice of Democracy Competition.
Google Hispanic College Fund Scholarships
- Program Overview: The scholarship was designed to encourage students of Hispanic background, who are pursuing computer science or computer engineering, Master’s or PhD at an accredited university or college in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, with excellent academic performance and financial need.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $10,000 will be funded to the recipients and are invited to attend the Annual Google Scholars Retreat
- Contact Information: To know more details about the scholarship, click on the link .
Fred & Lena Meijer Scholarship
The Fred & Lena Meijer Scholarship is a scholarship available to the children of employees of the Meijer supermarket chain. Awards vary from $4,000 to $10,000 and may be applied to full-time undergraduate study at colleges, universities, or training schools within the United States.
To apply, interested students must submit an online application to the Grand Rapid Community Foundation by the application deadline. Applicants will need to list educational information , their work history , a CV listing extracurricular activities and accomplishments, verification of their parents employment, and financial information. Applicants will also need to submit a personal essay of 500 words or less.
- Must be a dependent child of a current full-time or part-time Meijer team member with an employment date starting on or before the application deadline OR a dependent child of a former Meijer team member who worked full-time or part-time for Meijer for at least one year, but whose employment was terminated due to death, retirement, or total and permanent disability
- Must be enrolled, or scheduled to enroll in an undergraduate program at a U.S. college, university, or technical school for the coming academic year
- Must be a full-time student
Why Are Private Scholarships For College Offered
Sponsors of private scholarships are motivated to offer awards for many reasons. Some have a desire to help needy students. Some want to promote their industry or company. Some want to honor their heritage or a loved one. Some want to support students who share their religion. Some want to attract students to their alma mater. The reasons are nearly endless.
Recommended Reading: List Of Universities That Accept 2.0 Gpa
Companies That Offer Tuition Reimbursement
Offering tuition assistance to its employee is the basic benefit package of AT& T however your decision does not provide tail on how much assistant does it provide to its employees on the name of the tuition assistance scholarship.
Anthem, Inc. is a health benefits organization that offers the reimbursement of almost dollar 5000 to its employees for pain for the tuition textbook and other education-related expenses.
BP is a joint oil company that offers the reimbursement of almost 90% of the tuition fee and books cost, among the other requirements employees have to get their staff registered. They must have a passing grade to be eligible for getting for obtaining reimbursement from this organization.
Chipotle is a fast-food chain in which both hourly and salaried employees are eligible for getting the amount of $5,250 in the name of tuition reimbursement. It has a partnership with education Guild education which offers online classes and degrees from different universities.
Walmart Covers 100% Of The Cost Of College Through Their Live Better U Program
Through their Live Better U program, Walmart allows associates to earn debt-free degrees in business and supply chain management by covering 100% of the cost of tuition and books. This program begins on Aug 16, removes the $1 fee associated with the program, and includes new business administration and cybersecurity programs.
Employees can also receive college credit for paid training at Walmart Academies, where associates have already earned over $317 million in college credits.
You May Like: College Hill Vsu Episodes
Emerging Voices Scholarship Program
- Program Overview: Alliance for Women in Media Foundation in partnership with Ford Motor Company Fund designed this program to award scholarships to two outstanding female graduate or undergraduate students.
- Scholarship Award: Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to two female student winners, which are paid directly to each winners educational institution. The scholarship recipients must attend AWMFs Gracie Awards Luncheon, where the scholarships will be presented to the recipients. The recipients will be working with AVM by providing journalistic content on assigned topics for AWMs website.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Female graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited university or college for full time are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must submit two writing samples of 300500 words each on the following topics:
- First writing sample must be on a subject of applicants choice. The sample must showcase the applicants writing style and her ability to impress or engage the blog or website audiences. The writing sample can be applicants previously created sample for a publication or a blog.
- Second writing sample must be on any one of the topics: Applicants current media obsession OR If the applicants life is a TV show, describe the show details like the type of show, genre, casting, time period etc.
- Letter of recommendation from a communications/journalism/media professional a professor.